H: 44 in / 112 cm | Dia: 18 in / 46 cmDescription
Constructed in well carved gilt wood, rising from ‘S’ form tripartite scrolled feet, dressed with foliates, supporting lotus bud bases, issuing square form columns housing entrelac motifs within channelling; having shell carved shoulders with carved stiff leaved capitols, with hexagonal platforms having lobed edges over.Provenance
These candle stands are modelled on the pair made by James Moore, and his partner, John Gumley, for Hampton Court Palace circa 1715, and which are now in the Royal Collection.
James Moore (c1670-1726) Royal Cabinet maker to George 1st, and consultant and worker at Blenheim Palace for the Duchess of Marlborough.
You may also like
A Pair of Monumental Vases on Pedestals in the Neo-Renaissance Manner
A Pair of Console Tables in the Neoclassical Style Firmly Attributed to Edwards & Roberts Edwards & Roberts
A Pair of Jardinières in the Exotic Regency ‘Brighton Pavilion’ Taste
A Regency Period Mahogany Serving Table
A Shaped Centre Table by Gillows Gillows
A Black Forest Dog Umbrella Stand